- My Career Path
- Validation Engineers
Also called : Corporate Quality Engineer, Product Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Engineer, Quality Management Systems Engineer, Reliability Engineer, Supplier Quality Engineer, Validation Sp
What they do
Design or plan protocols for equipment or processes to produce products meeting internal and external purity, safety, and quality requirements.
On the job, one would
- Study product characteristics or customer requirements to determine validation objectives and standards.
- Analyze validation test data to determine whether systems or processes have met validation criteria or to identify root causes of production problems.
- Develop validation master plans, process flow diagrams, test cases, or standard operating procedures.
- Prepare detailed reports or design statements, based on results of validation and qualification tests or reviews of procedures and protocols.
- Maintain validation test equipment.
- Engineering and Technology
Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing
Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- English Language
Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Reading Comprehension
Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Critical Thinking
Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Listening
Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Deductive Reasoning
The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Written Comprehension
The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression
The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Inductive Reasoning
The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Oral Comprehension
The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
People interested in this work, will do well at jobs that need;
- Attention to Detail
Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
Job requires being honest and ethical.
Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Analytical Thinking
Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Stress Tolerance
Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Analytical or scientific software
- Application server software
- Cloud-based management software
- Compliance software
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Configuration management software
- Content workflow software
- Data base management system software
- Data base user interface and query software
- Development environment software
- Document management software
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Considerable Preparation Needed
Four-year bachelor degree
A considerable amount of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupation
Employees in these occupations usually need several years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training.